Do you want to be a part of this?
Taking part in the Carnival activities enhances your engagement with our diverse local community, introduces you to new friends, and is simple feel-good fun!
Some ways you can take part are:
- Be in the parade: Calling all you paraders! Whilst we will be running workshops in local community centres and youth clubs we are keen to encourage people from the wider local community to join our parade. Come in your national dress to represent your heritage, or if you have a coordinated group or you have been a lantern parader, we’d love you to get in touch and join the parade.
- Have a good time: We will have a range of interactive and cultural activities on the day for you and your family and friends to get involved in.
If you have any questions about participating then please contact the team, we will get back to you as soon as possible! We would love to hear your ideas if you have other ways you want to get involved.
Artists and Performers
We need people with all kinds of creative and artistic skills willing to help design and create carnival crafts/costumes, as well as make-up artists and people with face painting skills.
We need musicians, music artists, dance groups and performers to perform on the main stage at the event. If you are local and would like to make your talent shine, please get in touch.
If you’d like to volunteer your time to help with the planning and organising of the Sheffield Carnival there are many ways in which you can get involved. We need support with fundraising, social media, publicity, bid writing, entertainment and more. You can join the team and take an active role, or you can provide some much-needed support at the more labour-intensive times. Whether it be as a marshal for the procession, as a marshal at the Park, or as a litter-picker to clear the Park at the end of the Carnival. However much or little you do will be appreciated by everyone and we will include you on our list of supporters.
If you want to donate us some of your time or you think you’ve got the right skills or the right contacts to join the team and get this event off the ground then we’d like to hear from you.
Sponsors and Funders
As a community event the Carnival relies on practical and financial support from organisations and individuals. How much support you give will depend on many personal and business factors. Some ways you can support us are:
- Crowdfunding: Thank you to everyone who supported our 2017 crowdfunding campaign.
- Benefit in Kind: The free loan of equipment or provision of services is a simple low-cost way of supporting the 2017 Carnival. All supporters will receive a certificate of thanks and be listed on our supporters page on our website.
- Join the team: The Carnival Committee are a dedicated group of people who have donated and dedicated their time to making the Carnival happen. You can join the team and take an active role, or you can provide some much-needed support at the more labour-intensive times. Whether it be as a marshal for the procession, as a marshal at the Park, or as a litter-picker to clear the Park at the end of the Carnival. However much or little you do will be appreciated by everyone and we will include you on our list of supporters.